There are lots of resources on the WCC website https://www.waverleycameraclub.org. In particular have a look at the resources page from the top menu https://www.waverleycameraclub.org/resources/ where there are a number of documents on how to do things.
If you are planning to enter club competitions, you will find the rules and instructions on file format at https://www.waverleycameraclub.org/competitions/rules/. If you want help getting your image into the right size and file name structure, I have made a simple web program to assist: http://austvic.com/wcc/ This will resize your image to be compatible with the competition requirements and assist in getting the correct file name format.
Here is a random collection of resources – I am using this post as a dropbox for useful things that I might incorporate into future (and already made) posts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_image_format includes discussion of what RAW files are, benefits and drawbacks, software support including list of free and open source software and proprietary (usually not free) sofware.
Adobe: Understanding Raw Files“; background on how camera sensors treat raw files
Bob Atkins: “Raw, JPEG, and TIFF“; common file formats compared.
Comparison of raster graphics editors https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_raster_graphics_editors
lots of tutorials and basics of photoshop https://www.photoshopessentials.com/
In Photoshop or Lightroom use menu Help or press F1 to open Adobe’s website with lots of tutorials and other resources (or https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/tutorials.html and https://helpx.adobe.com/support/photoshop.html)
Remove a fence, wires, tram wires, powerlines etc from a photo
RELEVANT RESOURCES FROM WCC main site
Monday & Wednesday night training
- Lightroom export settings for club competitions in 2016
- Setting up Lightroom Preset for WCC entries – Geoff Shaw (178KB PDF)
- Resizing images in PhotoShop – Vicki Moritz (2.9MB DOC)
- What are judges looking for – Vicki Moritz (3.3MB PDF)
- What Judges Say – Dave Sumner (1 MB Powerpoint)
Workshops and presentations
- The Aesthetics of Photography – Emma Gilette (19MB PDF)
- Creative Editing – Adrian Donoghue (37MB PDF)
- Intermediate Photoshop – Geoff Shaw (3.5MB PDF)
Tutorials & How To’s
- Notes on sharpening in Lightroom – Geoff Shaw
- Using our Image Galleries (2MB DOCX)
- Creating Competition Files Using Adobe Elements (200KB DOCX)
Post Processing Group
- Post Processing Group Week 1 – Dave Sumner (1.5MB PowerPoint)
- How to make a Triptych in Photoshop – Tim Keane (2.1MB DOCX)
Post Processing for Beginners
- Post Processing for Beginners – Slides 2018 (7.7MB PDF)
- Post Processing for Beginners – Screen calibration Win 10 (1.4MB PDF)
- Post Processing for Beginners – Software Comparison (539KB PDF)
- Post Processing for Beginners – Triptych in Photoshop (967KB PDF)
- Post Processing for Beginners – Glossary (425KB PDF)